Thursday, January 28, 2010

January Finished Projects, Part 1

Busy with More Than Quilting!

With the end of January approaching quickly I thought I would share what I've done so far.
I've been knitting up a "storm"!! I used to knit years and years ago. Over Thanksgiving weekend, Jeri (Nicole's mom-in-law) showed Nicole and I how to make knit kitchen cloths
(she refreshed my memory about knitting; I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it.). So before Christmas I made over a dozen of these 100% cotton cloths for gifts,
and a few for myself!

Then I made Gigi one beanie with a pom pom and another beanie and matching scarf set.
Gigi really likes wearing her beanies, although it's kind of hard to tell since she isn't smiling here-it's really hard to get a pic of her smiling these days! She doesn't seem to want her picture taken anymore.

Since the beginning of 2010, I've been having a lot of fun knitting, mostly at night while watching TV. I've made 3 beanies ( all toddler size, which will be for sale soon- the proceeds will go to Nicole and David's adoption fund--I'm taking special orders if you'd like one--jest email the color and head size!! almost all colors are available in variegated shades.) (Sorry-the colors are off in this pic; from l to r: variegated pinks,
variegated blues, variegated reds).
and 2 scarves (over 60" long each) which I plan to give as gifts.Now I am making another scarf. This one is being made for Craft Hope's Foster Care Teens Project (http://crafthope.com/2010/01/project-6-orphan-foundation/ )--which is partnered with Orphan Foundation of America’s Red Scarf Project (launched in 2005 to send red scarves to warm the hearts (and necks) of college bound youth).

Nicole and I both started our red scarves yesterday. Since we don't have a lot of time I've chosen a different pattern (from the one available at Craft Hope) for my scarf---one that will be faster to complete by the deadline of mailing it prior to Valentine's Day!Besides knitting, I finally finished sewing the valances for my family room--years overdue! Just need to hang them. I've also been working on the Hawaiian Toddler Quilt I'm making for Gigi's toddler bed at our house. I'm almost done--the body of the quilt is quilted, I just need to quilt the outer border, add a label, and hand sew the binding.
I hope to complete it this weekend to include it in my
January Charming Girls and OPAM finished projects.

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

6 Finishes Karen and more to come...you go girl....they are all lovely...well done...Peg OPAM 2010