Thursday, March 11, 2010

Memory Verses

"His Word in My Heart"

Last year Nicole and I joined Beth Moore's, “1st and 15th Siesta Scripture Memory Team "
along with thousands of women across the United States. At first it seemed like memorizing 2 verses a month wouldn't be that difficult. Well, I have to admit it was. I did choose my 24 verses for the year, and memorized a few, but I didn't actually, fully memorize all of them as I would have liked!

This year I'm going to try to memorize one verse a month, with Nicole and her "His Word in My Heart" (you can click on her button on my side bar for more information). For Christmas Nicole made me my own monthly memory verse kit, and Nicole describes it on her blog best when she says, "I’m excited to keep my verses safe in a little zipper pouch because I feel like when I zip them up in there it symbolizes them being “stored up” in my heart like one version of Psalm 119:11 says."

I do want to have more of God's word "stored up in my heart!"

SO here are my verses for the first three months of 2010:

My January verse: Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)

My February verse: God, who has called you into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1 Corinthians 1:9 (NIV)

My March verse: Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14 (NIV)

No comments: