Wednesday, February 03, 2010

February To Do Projects


Off to a Quilting Retreat

We're heading to Buellton, Central Coast, California in our RV. We'll be camping for the next few days with our great friends, Lynn and Rick. While the guys do what guys do, Lynn and I will join our friend, Nancy and others and will be quilting till the late hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Creation Station Quilt Shop's Brown Bag Retreat!

So, here's what I plan to work on while at the retreat:

1. A baby quilt for my grandson, Micah, due mid-May out of these cute fabrics:


2. And, for my niece, Amalia and her new husband Rick, a queen size quilt similar to this "Flyboy" quilt I made for my friend, Bill;
this one will be made with several shades of golden tan,
dark reds/burgandys and black.


(If time permits and I finish both tops, maybe I'll make a couple of table toppers for my bedroom nightstands.
But....I doubt it!)

We are really looking forward to meeting up with our friends Thursday night. We haven't seen them in quite a while (they live in Redding about 12 hour drive from us) ! Then bright and early Friday morning Lynn and I will head over to the retreat! Can't wait to get quilting!!










No comments: