Saturday, January 19, 2019

OPAM Finished Projects in 2018

In 2018 I didn't finish as many projects as in previous years. That's not to say I sewed less. As it happened, several projects were much more involved and took a lot more hours to complete.

My BFF, Lynn and I took a 3 day quilt class in January, to learn the "How to's" for Judy Niemeyer's method of Foundation Paper Piecing. Usually I can pick up a new technique fairly quickly. However, when I first looked at one of her patterns, it looked so complicated that I knew I would need a class or my friend to show me every step of the process!

After taking this quilt class, I learned many tips and tricks for sewing Judy's FPP patterns. The best tip is "take each step separately," not worrying about the next step until you have finished the first step. Another tip is: "Follow the directions of each step carefully." 
And do not worry about how long each step may take.


I love paper piecing because it is such a precise method of quilting and all points are truly perfect! 


 Here is my first Judy Niemeyer finish: The Glacier Star Quilt. 
It measures 60" X 60".

Now that I have learned Judy Niemeyer's Foundation Paper Piecing method I am hooked!

Here are some of my other Judy Niemeyer finishes:

 Winter Wonderland Snowflake Pillow, 16" X 16"

Winter Wonderland Snowflakes Table Runner, 17" X 49"

Feathered Star Quilt, 60" X 60"

Scandinavian Snowflake 20" Table Topper

This last one is Sunflower Illusions. I made this quilt into a cover for our pool table.

No comments: